Closing Date: 09/12/2020
It is an exciting time to join Carew. Awarded an Outstanding Ofsted in January 2020, we are due to open as a new free school, “Futures Academy”, in brand new, purpose facilities within the existing Wallington area. We are looking for a driven and inspirational Principal to provide dynamic leadership to our school and wider community.
You will be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Principal level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change, ideally within a SEND setting.
You will need to:
– Have a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose and be able to lead from the front
– Be an exceptional classroom practitioner, ideally with experience in special education, who can deliver the highest standard of quality of education and wellbeing support
– Have a complete and nuanced understanding of processes involving safeguarding, child protection and health and safety
– Be collegiate, corporate, responsive and highly approachable to all stakeholder groups.
– Be fully committed to developing effective independence and skills for daily living for all groups of pupils and students beyond school and into their forward destination.
Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT) is a leading Multi Academy Trust (MAT) for Special Education with 15 schools and a College across London, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex. We have a strong record for making a positive impact within the local communities we serve. The MAT sponsor, Orchard Hill College, is a consistently outstanding provider.
Carew Academy is a community special Academy for pupils and students aged 7-18 with a range of additional learning and support needs, some of which are complex and include ASD. The school is committed to ensuring that all pupils and students are enabled to maximise their full potential via a broad and interesting curriculum, adapted to meet the needs of individual learners. We also offer pupils and students many other opportunities to develop through life-skills based lessons, residential visits, work experience and access to therapies, including Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Music and Drama Therapy.
We can offer:
– The opportunity to develop or refine specialist skills and experience within a ‘family’ of specialist providers
– Staff both within the school and across the Trust, as well as an experienced and committed Executive Senior Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, who are highly committed and dedicated to further success for our children and young people
– Embedded and personalised support and guidance, and a clear sense of core purpose, from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust.
For further information please download the Carew Principal Application Pack
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact Beverly Davidson on 0208 254 7826 (email@example.com) to arrange a time to speak to our CEO or Deputy CEO.
To apply, please click here.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Closing Date: 9am on Wednesday 9th December 2020
Selection process and interviews: Monday 14th December 2020
Carew Academy and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.