Carew Academy is a Special Academy for pupils aged 7 – 18 with a wide range of ability levels and additional learning needs. In particular we cater for students with Moderate Learning Difficulties and those with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
All pupils have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) maintained by the London Borough of Sutton or another Local Authority.
Admissions are managed directly by the School, please contact: Claire Price, (Principal’s PA) email@example.com or 020 8647 8349 for further information. The decision to name placement of a pupil at Carew Academy is ultimately the decision of the Local Authority.
Visits to the school are welcomed if it is considered that we might be an appropriate placement for your son/daughter. Please contact the School Office to book a place on one of our Open Mornings.
Due to the complex nature of our students’ needs, we consider admissions to the school in the light of the needs of the whole school population. The school population is made up as follows:
- Seven Lower School Classes (Years 3 – 7)
- Eight Middle School Classes (Years 8 – 9)
- Eight Upper School Classes (Years 10 – 11)
- Seven Sixth Form Classes (Years 12 – 13)
Admissions for each Year Group (Year 3 – 13) are considered as follows:
- Whether Carew Academy would be suitable for the age, ability, aptitude or SEN of the child or young person.
- Whether the attendance of the child or young person at Carew Academy would be compatible with the efficient education of others and the efficient use of resources.
This means there must be both a space in the relevant Year Group and a space in a suitable Class to meet the child or young person’s needs. This applies from Year 3 to Year 13. For Sixth Form applications, priority will be given to students currently on roll at Carew Academy.
If Carew Academy is oversubscribed, the application will be added to the waiting list for 12 months the relevant Year Group and reassessed if a place becomes available in an appropriate Class. If after 12 months a place has not become available the application will be closed and a new one would need to be made.
Further details for Parents about School Admissions are available from Sutton Local Authority:
- Sutton’s Local Offer: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200611/suttons_local_offer
- Choosing a School: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/faqs/faq/304/choosing_a_nurseryschoolcollege
- Applying for an EHCP: https://www.sutton.gov.uk/info/200622/advice_and_support/1776/the_education_health_and_care_ehc_plan/1