Our breakfast club operates every day that the school is open for children (i.e. term time only).
The ultimate goals of a healthy breakfast club are:
- That no child will start a school day hungry and without food
- To improve attendance, concentration and learning in the classroom
- To enable children to socialise, listen and talk in a relaxed atmosphere
How do I join breakfast club?
The breakfast club is open to all Carew Academy pupils. Pupils should enter via the main door no earlier than 8.15am. After 8.45am pupils enter via the playground.
Three members of staff run the club – Lead by Ms P Purchase, Ms C Wills, and Mrs S Nembhard with an additional three staff from 8.30am. They ensure that all of our school policies and procedures are adhered to and that safety and behavioural standards are exemplary. Their efforts guarantee that children eat a good breakfast which they and are welcomed into the school early in the morning, providing a comfortable and enjoyable experience before school starts. The students are encouraged to develop their independence skills by helping to prepare their breakfast. We also have a variety of games and activities to encourage social interaction before going out to the playground. This gives them the opportunity to engage together in a calming environment as part of their preparation for the day ahead.
From September we have been offering pupils a free breakfast of toast with a range of spreads (margarine, marmite, honey, jam or marmalade), cereal, fruit and a cup of tea and/or orange or apple juice.
- Free Cereal (weetabix, rice krispies, cornflakes or cheerios)
- Croissant 20p each
- Crumpets 20p for 2
- Bacon rolls will be sold on a Friday for £1.00
- Hot chocolate 20p
- Orange or apple juice 20p additional cup